How Artificial Intelligence Is Changing Recruitment
Published on: Dec 3, 2020
Technology has enhanced many industries, and recruiting is no exception. Artificial intelligence (AI) is one of the upcoming trends in hiring employees. AI-based software offers flexible solutions for human resource managers and recruiters to make hiring employees a more efficient process.
A recent study by Oracle and Future Workplace discovered that human resources professionals believe AI will present ways to master new skills and lead to more free time that allows them to expand their roles.
What is AI?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is intelligence demonstrated by machines. The term is used to describe how machines learn and solve problems. A machine makes rational decisions based on algorithms that mimic cognitive functions. In recruiting, artificial intelligence can leverage machines to focus on the needs of potential employees.
The automation of processes occurs because AI can analyze big data and estimate options. Automating the hiring process is one way to make your recruitment strategy more effective and efficient. Here is how AI can be used in recruitment:
- Candidate Screening: AI tools that answer common questions from candidates can give information about that candidate. Recruiters will be able to assess the candidate effectively because AI will fill in any gaps of information about the applicant to ensure the employer is getting a good fit.
- Candidate Engagement: Artificial intelligence can be used to automate an engagement process that goes beyond standard emails, which makes for a more personalized hiring process for each applicant. Messages and responses can be done in real-time and made to be unique to each candidate.
- Scheduling: Coordinating schedules is a task. Artificial intelligence can eliminate this task by managing schedules, booking meetings and interviews automatically.
- Re-engagement: Candidates often are not contacted again after a job requisition is closed. AI enables employers to re-engage with a targeted group of applicants to update their record with new work skills since the last time they were contacted.
- Onboarding: Orientation for new hires has been found effective, but AI can give new employees resources that support company initiatives. AI can reinforce information that was previously presented.
JobTarget’s Programmatic uses AI technology to optimize the performance of recruitment advertising campaigns, adjusting the mix of job sites and job site budgets to maximize ROI. With over 100 million jobs advertised over the last 15 years, Programmatic analyzes historical data to determine which jobs sites have the best chance to deliver quality candidates for each open position. JobTarget’s Programmatic uses this historical data in addition to algorithms and predictive analysis to gather data from every job posting to make more informed decisions. By continually testing new advertising sources, we increase the chances of reaching your target audience.
Programmatic Benefits: Artificial intelligence means your hiring process is optimized. Using Programmatic means your hiring decisions will be faster and better-informed. Since performance is monitored near real time there is less wasted spend on underperforming job sites, meaning more of your budget is used to reach qualified candidates. Targeted ads will be seen by the right candidates at the right time. In addition, it saves time because it can analyze large amounts of data in minutes saving resources and money.
Artificial intelligence can improve recruiting processes and aid in the tasks that are mundane while you focus on hiring the right candidate for the job. Programmatic uses AI to target the top performing job sites for your specific jobs.
More from Hire Insights
Is Your EEO Tagline Correct?
An Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) tagline is a short statement included in federal contractor’s job advertisements, indicating their organization will not discriminate against any job seeker based on gender, race, veteran status, disability, etc.
Hiring Advice from Veterans to Employers
Many employers struggle to attract, hire and retain veterans. Many times, this is due to the lack of understanding by employers and veterans.
or contact your Relationship Manager.